The West Coast Chinese Christian Conference (WCCCC, or W4C in speech) is an evangelical fellowship of (mostly) Chinese Christians committed to challenging and equipping God’s people, the Church, to serve on college campuses or in the workplace, at local churches or in unreached mission fields. Through a network of resources, training, and encouragement, WCCCC aims to serve not only the west coast Chinese Christian community but the whole Church in its mission to disciple every nation in Christ.
WCCCC’s vision is to work together with West Coast Chinese churches, and other churches around the world, to do what is humanly possible to promote a grassroots spiritual revival in Christ’s holy Church.
Our primary mission is to plan, organize, and deliver an annual conference for Christians which will:
- stimulate conferees to grow in their walks with Christ;
- enrich conferees with a knowledge and understanding of current and past events and movements relevant to Chinese Christians;
- equip conferees with the knowledge and skills to fulfill their spiritual calling; and
- promote conferees’ awareness of their social responsibility.
Activities between winter conferences have included: praise nights, summer workshops, college campus ministries, thematic Bible studies, miniconferences on missions and evangelism, and follow-up programs.
A Community Within Diversity
Conferees come from various churches, backgrounds, and locations. Through group Bible studies, cabin sharing, and other activities grows genuine fellowship in the word of God; and through this fellowship, the life of Christ in the Church.
A Wealth of Perspectives
Conferees are challenged and stimulated through interaction with our numerous speakers on a broad range of topics regarding spiritual growth, Christian service, and contemporary issues.
An Opportunity for Training
Conferees are offered practical workshops to build leadership and evangelism skills, as well as in-conference opportunities to lead Bible studies and to submit their bodies and souls in other ways to the discipline of the word of God.
Although we come from various church traditions, the leadership of WCCCC holds to these statements of faith:
- We believe that the Bible is uniquely inspired by God, and in its trustworthiness and authority.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in his true humanity when he lived among us.
- We acknowledge the necessity of Jesus’s substitutionary death on the cross for the redemption of the world.
- We hold that salvation is by faith and through God’s grace alone.
- We believe in the historic fact of the resurrection.
- We acknowledge the presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- We fully expect the personal return of Jesus Christ in the future.
We are now reviewing the current statement of faith to improve its articulation of the doctrines we affirm.